One to One Summer Support Worker Reimbursement Fund
Applications now closed.
Need Support for Your Child with ASD* This Summer?
The Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services is continuing to support summer programs for children and youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder through more regionally based programs.
A minimum of 500 applicants will be randomly selected and ALL applicants will be informed by email whether they were selected or not selected to receive the funds.
The 2021 One-to-One Summer Support Worker Reimbursement Fund is available to Ontario families of children or youth with ASD who retain the services of a one- to-one support worker for their child as follows:
- Respite services to support caregivers during the day, evening or weekend, at home or elsewhere (for example supervision of the child or youth, help with daily living activities or taking child out for an activity); and/or
- Fees for online or in-person recreational and cultural activities and camp programs that help to promote independence and develop social, communication and life skills (for example sports, arts and music programs, museums, and camps).
Note that these eligible expenses are consistent with OAP eligible expenses.
Maximum reimbursements of $600, per child or youth, (up to 18th birthday) will be made to subsidize services purchased in July and August 2021.
A minimum of 500 families from across Ontario are expected to receive reimbursements. Reimbursements will be provided based on a random selection made from all eligible applicants.
1. Application: We will accept completed and signed applications from June 9 to June 28, 2021. Your application must include evidence of a clear ASD diagnosis from a professional who is qualified to make the diagnosis (see FAQ's for details).
2. Selection: By July 6, 2021, 500 families will be randomly selected, and ALL applicants will be informed by email whether they were selected to receive funds or not.
3. Payment: Autism Ontario will issue cheques to the randomly selected families who have submitted all original receipt(s) for fees paid by the parent of the child with ASD for the child’s one-to-one worker. Receipts must be received no later than September 17, 2021.
Note: You do not need to be a member of Autism Ontario to access the funds
*Autism Spectrum Disorder